NDG Club Constitution
The Club shall be known as "THE NORTHERN DRESSAGE GROUP" .
The objects of the club shall be:
a) To encourage riding as a sport and recreation, to promote good fellowship amongst riders and to improve and maintain the standard of riding and horsemanship.
b) To organise instructional meetings, lectures and competitive events and other activities deemed to further the objects.
c) To be affiliate to the British Horse Society and to support and co-operate with recognised organisations interested in the breeding and use of all breeds and types of horses and ponies.
d) To concern itself with any subject which will benefit the horse and horse user in the district.
a) From 1st January 2008 this shall consist of persons who have attained the age of eighteen years and have paid the due subscription for the current period. Honorary membership may be conferred by the Committee upon any persons deemed by them to have rendered notable service to the club.
b) The annual subscription shall be payable on the first day of the club's financial year.
c) The Committee may expel from membership of the club any member who has in the opinion of the Committee been guilty of any conduct derogatory to the character or prejudicial to the interests of the club, provided that before expelling them, the Committee shall hear what they may wish to urge in their defence.
1. The Committee
a) All powers of management shall be vested in a Committee consisting of the Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and other Committee members, 5 shall form a quorum.
b) At the Annual General Meeting each year, one third of the members of the Committee shall retire, the members to retire being those who have been longest in office and as between those who have been in office for the same length of time the members to retire shall be determined by lot. Retiring members shall be eligible for re-election.
c) The Chairman, Honorary Secretary and Honorary Treasurer shall be elected annually by the Committee from amongst their number.
d) The decision of the Committee shall be final unless over-ruled at a General meeting.
e) The Committee shall be the sole authority for the interpretation of the rules or for anything relating to the club not provided therein and their decision shall be final and binding on the members.
f) The Committee shall formulate bye-laws for the detailed running of the club and elect sub-committee for any special activities of the club which the Committee may authorise.
g) The Committee shall have powers to fill any casual vacancy arising among their members of the Committee, but any person so co-opted shall retain office only until the following Annual General meeting and shall then be eligible for re-election.
h) Any Committee Member who misses three consecutive meetings may be asked to leave the committee.
2. The financial year of the club shall commence on the 1st January in each year
3. The annual Subscription shall be reviewed annually by the Committee.
4. The Committee shall appoint annually a President. He or she shall not be by virtue only of such appointment become a member of the Committee.
5. The Annual General Meeting shall be held in the month of the January in each year to transact the following business:
a) To receive and if approved to adopt a Statement of the Club’s accounts to the end of the preceding year.
b) To fill vacancies on the Committee.
c) To appoint an auditor.
d) To deal with any special matter which the Committee may desire to bring before the members and to receive suggestions from the members for consideration by the Committee. Notice convening the General Meeting shall be sent to the members not less than fourteen days before the meeting and shall specify the matters to be dealt with.
6. A special General meeting may be called by the Committee, or by a request signed by not less than 20 members specifying the business to be discussed, The Secretary shall give all members fourteen days notice of the date of such a meeting and shall specify in such notice the matters to be dealt with at such meeting.
7. The accounts for the Club shall be audited each year by the person appointed at the previous Annual General Meeting.
8. Notice of AGM or Special meeting may be given to any member by sending it by post or email to their address in the United Kingdom registered in the records of the Club. If any member has no address in the United Kingdom such member shall not be entitled to receive any notice. The accidental omission to give notice of a meeting or the non-receipt of a notice of meeting by any member shall not invalidate the proceedings of that meeting.
9. These rules may be added to, repealed or amended by resolution at any Annual or Special General Meeting, provided that no such resolution shall be deemed to have been passed unless carried by a majority of at least two-thirds of the members present and voting thereon, and provided the prior notice has been sent to all members stating the proposed amendment.
10. The Club its Committee or persons acting on their behalf shall not be held responsible for any accident or injury to any persons or property howsoever caused.
11. Members are advised to refer to the British Riding Clubs Rule Book with any queries.